Grant Opportunity for
Fostering Vitality and Financial Growth
The Mountain Sky United Methodist Foundation is pleased to offer grant money to support ministry. This includes cost of fundraising, financial planning, stewardship, communications, consulting services, capital campaigns, strategic planning, and visioning. Some may consider a leadership or stewardship training event, including tuition and travel, for a grant request. The Foundation is seeking to fund creative, transformative ideas that will create systemic changes in vitality and financial health.
Who: Churches, Missions, Agencies, and Ministries in the Mountain Sky Conference region and related to The United Methodist Church.
What: 50% matching funds for up to $2,500 per grant.
1. Send a letter of request to the Foundation office at least 30 days prior to your planned need.
2. Your letter should include (use this checklist).
- Contact person – name, address, phone number, and email address
- Plan – the details of the project, including why your church has decided to take on this project
- Time frame – start and finish date of the project
- Measurable Goal of the project
- Cost – list all expenses of the project
- Income – what are the sources of funds for at least 50% of the costs? Before the Foundation disburses funds for any grant award, the recipient will provide documented source of funds to demonstrate the first 50% of the match. (In-kind contributions will not be matched.) Then the Foundation will pay the second 50%.
- Impact – who and how many people will be served
- Include (or attach) any additional information that would tell your story
3. Your letter must be signed by:
- Senior Pastor, Church Council Chair, AND Finance Chair
- If applicable, signatures may be required of Chair of Trustees and/or Endowment Committee
When: Submit your complete request any time. Grant requests will be considered monthly. Grants are given on a first come/first served basis, until the money runs out! Submission deadline is October 8, 2019. Grant money is limited. We strongly urge you to get your application in as soon as possible as there are limited funds available. When the funds are depleted, there will be no more grants awarded in 2019.
The fine print: Grant awards may only be used for the purpose approved by the Foundation. Unused funds must be returned to the Foundation. The Foundation reserves the right to withhold and/or recover grant funds that were not used according to their intended purpose. Only one grant request per two-calendar year per entity. The applicant agrees to provide a written report, including statistics and human-interest stories that can be shared with others about how the grant was used. Grants will not be made for salary or bonuses. Recipients of 2017 or 2018 grants are not eligible.