Dare to Dream: 2020 Grants Are Here
How many times have you found yourself dreaming, wondering, wishing, hoping for a little extra cash? You have an idea, but you just need a little help to get it off the ground.
We are eager to partner with you, and help your dreams come true.
Considering new norms during this year, as well as challenges within our lives and communities, we have provided some grant ideas that your church or ministry might find helpful to address current challenges.
The possibilities are limitless, and we love to hear your dreams and visions.
Feel free to call us with your idea before you submit your application.
Here are some ideas that we had.
- Expand your foodbank or donation center
- Bring your kitchen up to standards and host or deliver community meals
- Leadership training:
- Racial or marginalized community sensitivity
- New ways to do church
- Financial stewardship and new ways to do church
- Training for online presenters to create meaningful presentations: sound, graphics, etc.
- Technical training or consulting to improve your online work
- Low/no-tech church capacity building or innovation
- Music group connections: software to connect performances, rehearsals, ethnic music purchases, safe-rehearsal space upgrades
- Curriculum to address systemic racism
- New financial/record keeping software
- Accounting consulting services to help update your system
These are some projects we funded recently:
- Irrigation system for large church garden that provides food throughout the community
- Bee-keeping Ministry that provides ministry and training opportunities, and a small income
- Equipment storage shed that became multi-purpose to include produce storage and UMCOR pickup site for distribution throughout the community and county
- Senior fitness center in rural community with limited/no workout options
- Outreach events: family, community and cultural
- Church kitchen upgrades and improvements to create greater possibilities for outreach
- Church space renovations for childcare, Sunday school, Bible studies